Skip to content

Top 10 Games for Preschoolers – with Tom Vasel

Top 10 Games for Preschoolers – with Tom Vasel

Tom Vasel lists his Top 10 games for preschool aged children!

Check out the friendliest conventions on Earth!
Dice Tower Con! – www.dicetowercon.com (July 3-7, 2019)
Dice Tower West! – www.dicetowerwest.com (March 6-10, 2019)
Dice Tower Cruise! – www.dicetowercruise.com

Buy great games at http://www.coolstuffinc.com

Find more reviews and videos at http://www.dicetower.com

27 Comments

1. G Pie on November 9, 2019 at 2:13 am

How are there no Peaceable Kingdom games on here?

2. What’s in a Game on November 9, 2019 at 2:14 am

For sure on my watch again list! Thank you.

3. MercifulMing on November 9, 2019 at 2:17 am

My preschoolers’ first game was Race for the Treasure, the co-op game by Peaceable Kingdom. A co-op game lets them learn how to take turns and work together, before they have the emotional maturity to deal with winning/losing.

4. Tania Van Orden on November 9, 2019 at 2:21 am

So glad to see this list!

5. Patrick Bradley on November 9, 2019 at 2:24 am

I am a Prekindergarten teacher, and love to incorporate games into our afternoon free play. I find they work especially well after nap time when the children are still a bit groggy and mellow. Some of my favorites include: Snail Pace Race (turn taking, color association, abstract thinking), Suspend Jr. (finger strength, dexterity), Shelby’s Snack Shack (finger strength, counting), and Gobblett Jr. (strategic thinking).

6. Tony Tippetts Jr on November 9, 2019 at 2:27 am

Thank you!!!

7. Markus Schmidt on November 9, 2019 at 2:28 am

Great list, I fully concur at least with the top 3. Don’t know the rest, but will check out, what’s available in German editions. One game, I would have expected though, would have been The Magic Labyrinth. Not sure, if it just does not fit in the age selection for Tom. It is a solid pick for 5 years olds (who are still preschool in my awareness), but not much younger.

8. Adam Singer on November 9, 2019 at 2:30 am

thanks! i was waiting for this one! 🙂

9. JF on November 9, 2019 at 2:39 am

I’ve been waiting 3 years for this list. Thank you!!!

10. Zoltán Gecse on November 9, 2019 at 2:43 am

I think one of the best game for preschoolers is the Los Mampfos, the donkey-pooping game. 🙂

11. Aamir Khan on November 9, 2019 at 2:46 am

7 kids!?!?

12. Joshua Photara on November 9, 2019 at 2:50 am

Animals Upon Animals – Mansions of Madness edition 😉

13. Jonathon Chambers on November 9, 2019 at 2:51 am

My daughter is 2 years old, and I would love a top ten list for younger kids.

14. Krystof Kozak on November 9, 2019 at 2:52 am

Hi! Will you be at Essen Spielmesse 2018? It would be great if we could show you what we do for preschool children in Czech Republic at Loris Games, http://www.lorisgames.cz

15. Crystal Griffith on November 9, 2019 at 2:53 am

Awesome list! I have a newborn son and I’ve been thinking of games to play with him as he gets older 🙂

16. vd79 on November 9, 2019 at 2:54 am

7 kids holy ***** 😀 congratualtions

17. Nick Gotch on November 9, 2019 at 2:54 am

Our daughter (3 years old) really enjoys First Orchard (I’ve seriously played it with her more than 50 times already :-O ). Also, Pengoloo works well though she does start to veer from game play to free play near the middle/end part. I suspect that will improve as she gets a bit older.

18. stohot on November 9, 2019 at 2:55 am

I have a five and three year old. Best for us has been ghost fighting treasure hunters, loopie chewie, my first orchard as their first game, enchanted tower, eye found it

19. Stephen Sanders on November 9, 2019 at 2:55 am

My son is 3 and he loves Monster Chase, Super Vampires, Loopin’ Chewie, and Ghost Fightin’ Treasure Hunters. He has a collection started for when he gets a bit older. He is the best punch board puncher I know.

20. Dan Hughes on November 9, 2019 at 2:57 am

Great list

21. Na dja on November 9, 2019 at 2:58 am

Ghost Fightin’ Treasure Hunters, Schnappt Hubi (is there an english version? didn´t find one on bgg, BUT it´´s GREAT a "kinderspiel des jahres winner") , The amazing labyrinth, Escape from Atlantis, GumGum Mashine, Korrigans , Pitch Car, Sheep&Thief, Haunted Castle are the ones my 6 year old LOVES.

22. Matthew White on November 9, 2019 at 2:58 am

Viva Topo is my favorite for preschoolers! Ghost Fightin Treasure Hunters is probably number 2.

23. wattsoever on November 9, 2019 at 3:01 am

My littles also like: Silly Shenanigans by HABA, Hi-Ho Cherry-o by Hasbro, Pengoloo by BlueOrange, Sequence for Kids by JAX, Curious George Hide & Seek Zoo by Wonder Forge, Balloon Lagoon by Cranium, Froggy Boogie by BlueOrange, Zimbbos! by BlueOrange, Cariboo by Cranium, Disney Hedbanz by Spin Master, Barnyard Bingo by Fisher Price, Turtle Picnic Memory Game by Fisher Price, Oreo Matching Cookies by Fisher Price, Go Ape! Card Game by Patch Products, Rock! Card Game by Out-of-the-box, Blink Card Game by Mattel, and of course Hungry, Hungry Hippos by Hasbro.

24. Ozbon Dweefin on November 9, 2019 at 3:02 am

Chicken Cha, Cha, Cha was a fun one when my girls were little.

25. Charles Halberstadt on November 9, 2019 at 3:02 am

Great list Tom. But you missed an opportunity. when you said make an eagle live in the ocean and make it a fish-eagle, do you mean a Seagle?

26. Matthew Aslakson on November 9, 2019 at 3:09 am

My 3 year old has been really into Sequence for kids by Jax, Sofia the First Surprise Slides (a Sofia the First themed Snaked and Ladders with randomized setup) by Wonder Forge. She also enjoys Kerplunk, but setup is such a pain with that.

27. ttt4life on November 9, 2019 at 3:11 am

Go away monster is a great game for lil kids too